Friday, July 19, 2013

Time Well Spent

 Whenever I have some free time spent at home (which is rare at the moment) I like to groom and manicure. I've always been interested in nails; I consider them an opportunity to accessorize. I don't always do extravagant designs such as this, as I usually don't have the time. Anyway, here is the first of may nail tutorials to come.


What you'll need:
1. A color to use as the background. I chose a love & beauty Jade.
2. Two polishes of the same color in a different shade. I used two shades if pink.
3. A vibrant color green for the leaves
4. An extremely thin paint brush. I trimmed mine with scissors until I was satisfied with its thickness. test it out with polish before you put it on your nails!
5. Patience and a steady hand





Apply the background color to your nails. LET THEM DRY.
With the normal nail polish brush, make circles of the lighter shade you chose. make 2 or three depending on the size of your nail; it could look clunky. They don't have to be perfect. LET THEM DRY.
With the paintbrush, and a tiny amount of nail polish, outline the circle with the darker color in a wavy manner. Make  3-5 thin squiggles around and inside the circle. 

Clean your brush with acetone and cotton.
Make 1 or 2 small leaves per rose. Try to fill up empty spaces with petals.

 Voila! Time at home well spent.




No comments:

Post a Comment