Tuesday, July 16, 2013

School Daze

This is an outfit debut for a new dressing system that I'm trying out. I have a clothes rack in my room for additional closet space, and I decided to pre-style some looks and hang them on the rack. By pre-styling, I mean that I come up with outfits ahead of time and prepare them so that they are ready to wear at any time (ironing and altering included). I got the idea from a blog that I draw some inspiration from written by Adriana Gastelum. 

It's a system that I hope I don't get too lazy to keep up; I know that there is situations in which I have to get dressed in a couple minutes or have absolutely no inspiration, and I usually end up dressing disappointingly. When I don't dress amazingly, I don't feel amazing. It honestly makes me feel insecure to be seen in public in jeans and a flannel. When I have an amazing ensemble, I don't walk. I strut. Confidence. That's what style is all about!
 In case you're wondering, yes I dress like this every day. No, there is no special occasion. I wore this outfit to school; I dressed it down by adding a cropped denim vest which I later took off. Since my days, despite the fact that it is summer, are extremely busy, I keep versatility in mind. I've also worn this pencil skirt to an interview (paired with a blazer and worn with a pony tail).

 Outfit Details
Floral Pencil Skirt: H&M. Similar one here.
Tribal Print Sequin Tank: H&M Clearance.
Sleek V Necklace: Forever 21


No comments:

Post a Comment