Monday, July 15, 2013

Big Girl Pants: Business in the Front. Party on the Side.

Salutations!
This past weekend was filled with relatives visiting from lands far, far, away! As far as Mexico, that is. The Mother Land. The home of my ancestors. And most astonishing of all? "Mexico is now the fattest nation in this hemisphere and one of the fattest nations in the world" according to houston.culturemap.com ... The more you know... I hope you all are as mind-blown as I am, that's a race I never thought America would lose (you see what I did there?). 

OKAY, so out with the lame fun facts and into the fashion! Us Messicanos are known for our not-so-little fiestas and our abundance of extended family. There was plenty of that this weekend. Exhibit A:



Let me quote myself, "Business in the front..."


"...Party on the side!" 

I wore this to my baby cousin's baptism. Proof that seemingly appropriate, clothes such as these, are versatile enough for church, work, etc! There is no excuse as to why you can't have fun with your wardrobe, even when you've got your Big Girl Pants on.



Excuse my enlarged cranium. But I've been loving all the jewelry I can sport now that I've got a third hole in my ear. I don't plan on stopping now! 


Obsessed with my new CoverGirl "Coy Coral" (255) nail polish. 
I don't know who names beauty products but it seems like a fun job.  

I wore a: Prabral Gurung for Target Black Lace and Leather Detailed Button-Up
Forever 21 Gold Earrings, Necklace, and Bracelet
New York & Company Black and White Chevron Rings
My signature, Black Ring that I got from who knows where.
Forever 21 White and Black Striped Pleated Ankle Pants
H&M Emerald Green Bowler Bag
Forever 21 Floral Platform Wedges


END NOTE: Although I put my Mexicans to shame with my lack of proper representation for the Mexican culture, but EN SERIO?! "No podemos dejar america victoria!" (Google Translation... I wanted to get it right...) If you can read it, felicidades! If not, don't worry. You're not missing out on much here, amigo. Vivaaaaa Mexicoooooooo...

Live long and prosper my little fashionistas.




No comments:

Post a Comment